Sunday, December 03, 2006

Card for a swap


This is the card I am doing for a swap tomorrow at school. I can't wait to see what all the other cards look like it is so much fun!I don't seem to get tired of this set.

First of all thanks so much for all your kind remarks regarding this card. Many of you have asked me how I made this card so here are the instructions.

I cut Brushed Gold Paper

4 ¼ X 5 ½
3 ¾ X 3
3 X 2 ½

I cut Very Vanilla Paper

3 ¼ x 2 ½
2 ½ x 2

I cut Cranberry Crisp Paper

3 ½ X 2 ¾
2 ¾ X 2 ¼

I cut Always Artichoke Paper

4 X 5 ¼


Process

1. I started by stamping with the Peaceful wishes set.
2. I used the pine bough stamp and Always Artichoke Ink on the Always Artichoke paper.
3. Next I used the canvas stamp and inked it with Cranberry Crisp ink and stamped on all the cranberry paper.
4. Next I inked the berry stamp with always artichoke ink and stamped it on the smallest Very Vanilla paperall overnd then allover the larger Very Vanilla paper.
5. I then inked a blender pen with cranberry crisp refill ink and then painted over berries in small card.
6. I assembled all the smaller sets and before putting together the large background set I wrapped the ribbon between Always artichoke and the Brushed Gold paper.
7. Lastly I assembled all the layers leaving enough room for the peaceful wishes sentiment at the bottom stamped in Gold Encore Pad

Enjoy! Virginia

P.S. I need your help. If you would be willing to take a poll to help me plan for next month's work shop please click here and answer one question. Thanks V

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This card is absolutely GORGEOUS!

Last chance products Plus stamps paper and ink!

Last chance products Pool Party 3/8" (1 Cm) Striped Grosgrain Ribbon [ 156290 ] $6.30 Gold 12" X 12" (...