Monday, October 08, 2007

Christmas card

I saw a similar card to this one at Julia Stainton's blog so I was excited to try my hand at it. So here is my attempt. I am a textile artist by nature so the play of pattens is what I enjoy about this card. I started with real red and very vanilla card stock . I then cut triangular shapes from Cherise designer series papers and glued them down in a pleasing pattern. I then stamped a tag from the party punch set and then using the designer label punch I cut out a tag. I punched a tiny hole in the front of the label. Using gold string I tied it in the front and tacked it down with a bit of tape. Lastly I ripped a scrap of very vanilla card stock to create the effect of snow at the base of the card and tacked it down. Very little stamping and lots of fun! Thanks for looking.


No comments:

Last chance products Plus stamps paper and ink!

Last chance products Pool Party 3/8" (1 Cm) Striped Grosgrain Ribbon [ 156290 ] $6.30 Gold 12" X 12" (...