Monday, October 15, 2007

Dryer sheets for a card!

When my Upline told me she used a dryer sheet for a card she made I was skeptical! She encouraged me to try my hand at it and I was so surprised how easy it was and I loved the way it looked not to mention the fresh smell LOL! So here is my version of a card using a used dryer sheet. HA!
I began by stamping on whisper white card stock with the pine tree from Lovely as a tree. I used Certainly Celery and Wasabi. Once the card was dry I ran the card through my xyron machine to add a sticky surface to the front of the card. I then sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds glitter lightly over the surface and put my used dryers sheet on top and trimmed it. The glitter adds a wonderful quality under the dryer sheet. The card glistens! I then stamped on a scrap of wasabi using punch pals sentiment and wasabi ink and then punched out the medallion using the scallop punch. Taking another scrap of Whisper white card stock I stamped the snowflake medallion using wasabi ink. I also punched that out and adhered it to wasabi medallion. I then punched a hole and threaded an iridescent cord through the medallion. Adhered the dryer sheet to a wild wasbi card stock that was stamped with snowflakes again in Wasabi ink. Lastly I wrapped the medallion and centered it on the front of the card and attached it to card stock. Thanks for looking Virginia.

No comments:

Last chance products Plus stamps paper and ink!

Last chance products Pool Party 3/8" (1 Cm) Striped Grosgrain Ribbon [ 156290 ] $6.30 Gold 12" X 12" (...