Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Look at what I got in the mail!

Look at the lovely card I received from my Upline Debbie Moczek! I love this card so much I had to make my own! So with some help from my Upline Laura Currie here is my version!
This card starts with gluing down designer series paper to a card stock that is already folded in half. I then used a carousel note to create my template for this card and traced the upper half to create the purse and then cut out the pattern on all layers.
I then cut a section of apricot appeal and glued it down to the lower half. With a small strip of Blue Bayou I crimped it and then glued that on top of the card stock. Using the pretties kit I took blue Bayou ink and the polka dots from Lots of Dots and stamped a Daisy flower. I then punched on designer series paper and using scallop punch I cut a scallop out. with a scrap of apricot appeal and the 5 petal flower punch I punched a star burst. I promise to show you how to do this after I teach my stamp groups this month! With a fire brad in peach make a sandwich with all the layers. Next stamp the sentiment at the bottom with blue bayou ink. Using the crop-a-dile punch holes at the top for handle, using large eyelets and the crop-a-dile set the eyelet on the purse. String a section of blue bayou ribbon. Attach the flower to the card. To open and close the card I used a small Velcro closure. this is my mother's day card for this year I just sent them out after I photographed the card! thanks for looking Virginia








No comments:

Last chance products Plus stamps paper and ink!

Last chance products Pool Party 3/8" (1 Cm) Striped Grosgrain Ribbon [ 156290 ] $6.30 Gold 12" X 12" (...