Saturday, August 30, 2008

Basic Stamping Stuff!

I wanted to show you how I set a stamp on wood. Sometimes I forget the importance of teaching basics. A customer ask for this tutorial, so here goes. I have below all the things you need; the rubber, the stickers, and the wood. I have been waiting for this set since convention Yeah!

I take my set Cut it our or if you have one of the new sets from the catalog I punch out the rubber. Next step is to take off the backing and align the stamp upside down on the sticker. Pay attention the the stampin up logo and make sure the set is parallel to the words. Then it is easy set you wood so it too is parallel to the logo and you are done!! just slap on the sticker on the front of the wood and you are all set.
I also like to mount all my sets so when I stamp the set is at the bottom left side of the wood block. This allows me to better place my print when stamping. the picture below is of course the opposite because you are seeing the rubber side.


By the way here is the card I made with this set


No comments:

Last chance products Plus stamps paper and ink!

Last chance products Pool Party 3/8" (1 Cm) Striped Grosgrain Ribbon [ 156290 ] $6.30 Gold 12" X 12" (...