Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Scrapbooking a 6 x 6 Page

During convention I saw so many wonderful ideas, this is one of the concepts I really liked at convention. It starts with a 6 x 6 page design like the one above. I used a 6x6 chocolate chip background. Then using Pirouette Pink ink on a 5 3/4 square and the scallop border punch create bottom border. Here's a photo tutorial on creating the border for this scrap book page.
Insert card stock and line it up against so it is slightly before the last scallop. This is best done if you are looking at the punch from above. Punch and slide card stock either left or right for the next section

Always lining up your newly created scallops with the silver scallop guide on the punch. (The picture above shows the scallops Not lined up)
Punch and line up until you're done! Easy peasy

Now for the page
I stamped the background using the dots set from Boho backgrounds on Pirouette pink paper. Then I sponged the edges with my dauber.
Using the same color ink and paper creates a wonderful tone on tone effect that is subtle.
The heading is from the happy every thing set and I used chocolate chip ink. One note I still am learning about cutting out my stamp sets. when I cut this set I clipped too close to the edge which makes the word Birthday rock a bit when I adhered it to my block. I am so happy that all the NEW sets in our fall winter catalog come pre-cut!
I cut a section of whisper white and chocolate chip for the journalling section and adhered it to the page. The flowers were made using the Boho punch and one of a kind stamp sets. I used both Pirouette pink and chocolate chip ink on Pirouette pink, and whisper white paper.
The Ribbon and the Chocolate chip section open to show a surprise. I promise to tell you about that tomorrow as well as how this page can be turned into several different size scrapbook pages or two cute little cards! So many great ideas from convention! Thanks for looking Virginia

No comments:

Last chance products Plus stamps paper and ink!

Last chance products Pool Party 3/8" (1 Cm) Striped Grosgrain Ribbon [ 156290 ] $6.30 Gold 12" X 12" (...