Sunday, October 26, 2008

Banner for baby shower

I have been busy this week working on a banner for a baby shower. My dear friend Debbie has a granddaughter on the way! So I worked on this for the baby's crib. I know the big shot can cut many things but I would not have believed it if I had not tried it. The machine cut through 8 layers of fabric! I works better with 6 but I was very pleased with the results! Making this banner a snap to make with my Big Shot!
The Picture was taken in my studio. Above the banner you can see all the neat projects I have from convention. The only machine sewing I did was to stitch the fabric layers together. After getting the fabrics sewn together I used my Crop a dile to punch holes and set the jumbo eyelets. Using coordinating mellow moss gingham ribbon I strung together the pennants. I tied coordinating pink gingham and pink taffeta ribbon ties between the flags. I made rosettes using a needle and thread and then simply glued them on the banner. It took about 3 hours from start to finish. The next one should go much faster. I just love the look of all the layered fabrics. I plan to put the baby's name on the banner once the baby is born. Below is a close up of one of the pennants. Thanks for looking Virginia


No comments:

Last chance products Plus stamps paper and ink!

Last chance products Pool Party 3/8" (1 Cm) Striped Grosgrain Ribbon [ 156290 ] $6.30 Gold 12" X 12" (...