Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Embossing Technique

This week at latenight stampers the site went down during the weekend, but we set up a new group and are up and running again and this week our Challenge is to create a card using an embossing technique. I saw this technique a while back and thought I would try my hand at it so here it is. Thanks for looking Virginia







Supplies


Paper Not Quite navy, Whisper White, Kiwiw Kiss


Stamps Inspired by Nature, Sanded, 24/7


Ink Not Quite navy, Certainly Celery, Kiwi Kiss, Pretty in Pink, lavendar lace, Baha Breeze


Accessories Kiwi Kiss Ribbon, Stamping dimensionals, and Designer seris label, Largest oval punch punches, Versa mark, clear embssing powder, heat tool, brayer


Some of you you have asked for this technique. I found the video instructions for this technique here Stamper Dog . It is done by stamping the grases in kiwi kiss on whisper white cardstock. using some slight residue on my sanded stamp I rubbed the card front to get a slight texture.Then using versamark I stamped the flower and embossed it using clear embossing powder. then brayered the card with the inks listed above from lighest to the darkest. thank for looking virginia

Don't forget the links for the retiring items can be found here and the accessories on sale are flying out the door so Click here to place your order.




Thanks for looking

Virginia Killmore

Late Night Stampers Design Team

Stampin'Up Web site

My blog

I love what I do and I love sharing it with you

7 comments:

Ann said...

Oooh, very pretty! I love the color combo!

Kathi said...

Wow. That's lovely.

cathy worrell said...

this is beautiful, what technique did you use?Thanks Cathy

Luv 2 Cre8 With U said...

Very cool card. I like the technique you used. Very pretty.

Kirsten said...

This is very pretty, thanks for sharing the technique with the sanded bg.

B said...

Love the fun colors of the background! Very cool

Unknown said...

Hi. Very useful tips you have given in this post. Even though you have given each and every detail of stamp making process, I would still prefer buying ready made rubber stamps, specially from Acorn Sales (http://www.acornsales.com). Their rubber stamps are not only of excellent quality, but have variety of designs and patterns on them, which my non-creative mind would not be able to imagine. I would recommend Acorn Sales to all those, who want good quality rubber stamps.

Last chance products Plus stamps paper and ink!

Last chance products Pool Party 3/8" (1 Cm) Striped Grosgrain Ribbon [ 156290 ] $6.30 Gold 12" X 12" (...