Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Convention was Awesome

Hello I have been MIA for a while. Summer has made me way to laid back!

I got back from convention a few weeks ago and had the most wonderful time. Last year I set a goal of bringing one of my down line (stamping Up demo) with me to convention. At that time I didn't even have a down line.  My friend Marilyn made it possible! Stamping has taught me so many artistic lessons but the circle of friends I have met has truly made it special.  As you can see below Marilyn and I had way too much fun. To get a small idea of the fun imagine 3000 women at a giant pajama party for a week. Not only did we have so much fun sharing and swapping cards(I swapped well over 500) We get free stamps, special deals and lots of other perks! Why wouldn't you want to become a demonstrator as well! Call me and we can talk! 315 727 7288.  Check out the free stuff in our hands! A last minute gift on the last day.Thanks so much Marilyn for making my goal come true!
Now for some of the wonderful swaps.  I thought I would share with you the ones I made first as I can shre with you what I used.

 First card up uses Stampin Up's new stencils.  Called Elegant trio. You can purchase it here.
 Supplies
Paper Poppy Parade, Peach Parfait, Whisper White
Inks Poppy Parade, Peach Parfait, Blushing Bride, Versamark, Black stazon
Stamps En Francais, Elements of style, Flores suaves (Butterfly  from Spanish catalog)
Accessories Clear embossing powder, dazzling Diamonds, Sponges,Water Color Pencils, Elegant trio

The card starts with  stamping with versa mark using En Francais and Elements of style. Mix Clear embossing powder with dazzling diamonds, then sprinkle on stamped versamark  images. Using heat tool emboss. Bring out image using sponges and inks. Start with stencil to create flower.  Last step is to stamp butterfly and color with watercolor pencils and then cut out layer on card stock.

Card above is made with watercolor technique

Supplies
Paper Concord crush, Whisper White
Inks Concord crush, Always Artichoke, Old Olive, Marina Mist, Regal Rose, Rose red, Perfect plum

Stamps Herb expressions

Accessories Spritz water bottle, Schmootz spritz

Thanks for looking! Virginia

No comments:

Last chance products Plus stamps paper and ink!

Last chance products Pool Party 3/8" (1 Cm) Striped Grosgrain Ribbon [ 156290 ] $6.30 Gold 12" X 12" (...