Wednesday, June 17, 2009

An old card but a remake of it

Since I joined the Late Night Stampers design team not only have I been having a lot of fun but I am also very excited by my improvement in stamping. I have a bit of a big ego!(my husband would say a really large one) The cards I have been making over the last few years were nice, but because I no regularly make and post close to 4 or 5 cards a week my sstandards are higher. I really work harder to make a better card. So being on the Late Night Stampers design team has also improved my work, (i told you I had a bit of an ego) an unintended consequences! Don't you just love the added bonus!.
Right now over at
Late Night Stampers they are creating a call for new designers to join the team. Check out this post if you are interested it has been a joyous as well as a great learning experience for me and I am so excited to continue through till September Yoo Hooo!
This weeks Challenge #24 is ALL ABOUT THE KIDS, that's right anything kid related goes. You can make kid cards, scrapbook layouts about kids or even make kid gifts. I can't wait to see what you come up with for this challenge! Just make sure you use all current Stampin' Up products and have fun creating! Deadline for submission in the Challenge Photo album is midnight, Sunday, Jun
e 21st.
See what others are doing and upload your creations at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/StampinUpLNStampers/photos/album/16120287/pic/list
See the inspiration projects that the Design Team created at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/StampinUpLNStampers/photos/album/1408512134/pic/list

Now for today's card. I made this card back in October of last year and I thought it would be cute for this weeks challenge over at
Late Night Stampers. So I updated it and added some different features and my favorite new tip is part of it.

How many times have you tried either a new stamp or one with a lot of surface area only to be disappointed after the first time you use it. You get a bad stamped area or some areas are un even. Well here is a great tip.

  1. Start by rubbing you stamp in a circular motion on a dry sheet of computer paper.
  2. Do this approximately 10 to 12 times in a circular motion.
  3. Look at the stamp and blow off any residual that may have lingered.
  4. Then got to your stamp pad and pat, pat, pat!
  5. Check before you stamp to make sure you have not missed a spot and stamp on a scrap of computer paper.
  6. Hold down for the count of one thousand one, one thousand two till you get to one thousand five.
  7. Make sure to firmly contact your paper and slightly wiggle the stamp.
  8. This process makes sure you get good adhesion and the time the rubber spends sitting on the paper give the paper a chance to absorb the ink.
  9. Pull away and If you like what you see move forward to the cardstock. If you don't follow all the steps again till you are happy with your image.
It is a little extra work but it is so helpful

it is interesting to me that by the time a stamp and pad makes it around to all that are in a
workshop the last few have the best images. It's not that they are particularly talented but the stamp has had the time to become primed. So when you are at home stamp a few on scrap paper! That's my tip of the day

Supplies

Paper Bella blue DSP, Pretty in Pink, and Whisper White cardstock
Ink Pretty in Pink, Bordaring Blue, Certainly celery
Stamps Wild about you, Nursey neccesities
Accesories Scallop Sizzix Die, Circle punch, White siglo get pen, Pretty in Pink Ribbon

Wild about you Stamp set is the one below and can be found if you go to shopping spot on my website. This set retires in two short weeks. So get it now before they are gone gone gone!

Thanks for looking Virginia!

7 comments:

BLJ Graves Studio said...

What a cute card! Great tip.

Luv 2 Cre8 With U said...

So cute! So what if it is an old card. I am sure there are a lot of people that have never seen one before. I am glad you made it!!

Holly said...

How CUTE is that elephant??? Love how this card looks like a baby bib!

B said...

Cute card!

Lyn S said...

Sweet, adorable card Virginia!

Girl can Knit - Cherry Lane Knit Stamp Quilt said...

very cute! I think you're going to miss this set and so will I!

Kirsten said...

This is SOOO cute. I love that little elephant for baby cards and yours is just too adorable.

Last chance products Plus stamps paper and ink!

Last chance products Pool Party 3/8" (1 Cm) Striped Grosgrain Ribbon [ 156290 ] $6.30 Gold 12" X 12" (...